Freewheelin’ Community Bikes connects youth with skills for life over a shared passion for the bicycle. We envision a stronger, healthier, more connected city.
- The worth and gifts of each person to enrich the world
- Bicycling as accessible transportation for recreation, employment, and healthy living;
- The importance of positive youth/adult mentorship;
- Empowering youth as leaders who give back to their communities;
- Lifelong learning, resiliency and persistence;
- Positive neighborhood and community connections;
- Making bicycling accessible and affordable; and,
- Being welcoming to people of all backgrounds, abilities, and incomes.
Having been bike courier for 3 years, Julian is excited to add a unique perspective to the Freewheelin’ Community Bikes team, with his hard-earned, off-the-cuff wisdom about all things bike mechanics and his hardcore road-safety experience. Julian isn’t the most conventional choice as Bicycle Training Coordinator, but who better to plan and lead our community rides than someone who breathes in the city air every morning with his coffee and feels the heartbeat of the streets every time he clips into his fixed geared bike. When Julian isn’t tinkering around the back shop of Freewheelin’ or certifiably crushing it on his fixie on the streets of downtown Indy, you’ll be sure to find him setting speed records on his road bike.
Our Board of Directors